Songs I'm Currently Loving

July 12, 2016

It’s safe to say my music taste is pretty random, I am one of those annoying people who can’t choose a favourite genre! It can be anything from cheesy pop music to classical music to more alternative rock music with anything in between. Whatever the genre, if the song has a good beat and melody, relatable lyrics or a powerful message I will most likely give it a listen.  

So I’ve created this list of songs that I’m currently listening to on repeat. Some of these are new releases and some are much older songs that I’ve only just discovered. I regularly use Spotify, listen to the radio and just follow new artists and bands on social media to find different music to listen to.


Swim - Fickle Friends
This band is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I discovered this song on YouTube when I was scrolling through a popular youtubers channel when I found her cover of it (you might be able to guess who it is). This song puts me in such a happy and cheerful mood because of its sweet melodies and good rhythm. I find it really helps me to concentrate and crack on when doing housework and cleaning. The guitar riff in the middle of the song really makes me wish I continued learning the guitar back in primary school!

        Honey – Moose Blood
I went to Slam Dunk Midland festival this year and Moose Blood were playing the main stage. Like I do before any gig or festival, I listened to some of the bands that I hadn’t heard before. I searched Moose Blood on Spotify and instantly fell in love this song and the band. Then hearing them play this song at Slam Dunk just made me love them even more! That’s what I love about festivals, it’s a great opportunity to find new music. So yeah, this song holds some pretty great memories of Slam Dunk festival, plus the music video is pretty cool.



        Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time – Panic! At The Disco
Whenever I listen to Panic! I become overwhelmed with a sense of nostalgia and memories from my secondary school days. With the release of their latest album I just had to give it a listen which is how I found this song. The weird comical lyrics and insane music videos makes it one of my favourites at the moment. It really does make me think about some drunken nights and embarrassing experiences I’ve had!

        Somebody Else – The 1975
Now this is a song that I instantly liked. I had 'I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It’ (what a mouthful) playing in the background whilst writing a university assignment, but when this song came on my ears pricked up. The echo like harmonies and beautiful lyrics really put me into some deep thoughts about boys, relationships, feelings and all those brilliant things (!) The music video for this one is pretty ‘interesting’ but I found myself watching it on repeat when it was released.

5.      Up & Up – Coldplay
Without a doubt, Coldplay are one of my favourite bands and I’ve listened to them for many years now. My dream came true when I finally saw them in concert at Wembley Stadium and I don’t think I’ve ever ‘fangirled’ so hard. They closed their concert with song and it created such a beautifully harmonious atmosphere. I first heard this song whilst listening to their new album ‘A Head Full of Dreams’ but never picked it out as my one of my favourites. However, when I saw the band perform this live it really did open my eyes to the message behind this song. With all negativity and violence going on in the world, this song really did remind me about the importance of spreading peace, love and positivity.

So yeah, those are a few songs I’ve been listening to a lot at the moment. They each have different sounds and messages but I can connect which each of them, which is why they’re my current favourites.

I’ll write soon xox

LINKS TO ALL THE SONGS LISTED

Swim - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjbNrUCYA0

Honey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P1WIpgKqcA

Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NqIsnyTG8 

Somebody Else -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bimd2nZirT4

Up & Up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNTC7uZYrI




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts