I can't leave the house without these

July 12, 2016

Hello again! I thought I’d create a post about a few items that I have to have in my bag when I’m out and about. I can be such a scatter brains and sometimes I just forget to bring things with me. However I always manage to make sure I have these few products and items in my bag!
I can be a bit of a couch potato sometimes as I do enjoy just lazing about and doing nothing. But when I do leave the house I always make sure I have these products and items with me.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder Flawless

Now as you can see by the picture, this product is something I’ve used for quite some time and it’s one of my favourites. My skin can get quite oily and shiny which is not a good look for me, so this product really has been a life saver.

I usually use this after I’ve applied my foundation but recently as I’ve been wanting to wear less make up, I’ve been using the product by itself. It actually surprised me a lot as I still get decent coverage without having to use other products like foundation or concealer with it. I also use it throughout the day if I find my face getting shiny.

It gives a very natural and effortless finish to my make-up which is great for getting rid of the ‘caked on’ look. What I also love about this product is how lightweight it is, it doesn’t really feel like I’ve put anything on my face after I’ve applied it. The shade I use is ‘355 Coconut’ as it matches my skin best. It’s sold in Boots (which is where I got mine) but I do believe it’s also sold in most high-street drug stores.

Perfume/Body Mist
When I’m going out I’m usually rushing about because I’m late so often forget to put on perfume or body spray. This is why I like to keep a few in my bag. My mum did used to be an Avon representative but I purchased all them myself.

The Tahitian Exotic Body Mist by Avon is one of my favourite summer scents. I’m pretty bad at describe what things smell like but I would describe this as tropical and refreshing. I've had this bottle for a while and I haven't needed to repurchase it yet, so a little really does go a long way with this product.


Another favourite that’s also by Avon is the Little Black Dress perfume. I find that this is more of an evening scent because the scent is slightly heavier which makes it last a lot longer compared to other perfumes.

If I’m wearing a small bag or a clutch I find it difficult to fit most perfumes in them because of the size of the bottle. However, once I found this product I didn’t have that problem anymore. The Viva La Juicy Rose Rollerball by Juicy Couture is something that was actually recommended to me by a friend. It’s small and slim size makes it very easy to carry about and it won’t take up a lot of room in my bag. This also a gem on a night out because there have been times where I’ve been more than a little bit tipsy and ended spraying perfume in my eye when trying to apply it, which is really painful and it ruins your eye make up! But because this perfume has a rollerball applicator I don’t have this embarrassing issue anymore. I also think that the applicator makes the product last a lot longer.


Lip Balm
For some reason my lips get dry and cracked really easily, especially if the weather is cold and windy. So I always carry a few lip products to keep them hydrated.

I regularly use the Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm by The Body Shop because I feel it gives my lips a lot moisture as well as smelling incredibly. My favourite is the passion berry flavour because it smells great and purples my favourite colour. 


Although the scent of The Body Shop lip balm is my favourite, I find that it’s not the most practical one to use. This is only because you have to use your finger to apply it which is a hassle, especially on public transport when your hands may have germs on them and you’re not able to wash them. So I’ve started to use the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peach Kiss because it instantly hydrates my lips and comes in a purple applicator!

This last one is something I was given to by my friend/Secret Santa at university last year. She knows me very well as she got me the Jelly Belly Wild Blackberry Lip Balm which is purple too! I honestly don’t feel like this hydrates my lips as well as the other products but it does smell amazing.



I also like to make sure I've got a bottle of water in my bag. I always get so thirsty when I'm travelling so bottled water comes in handy. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of fizzy drinks I drink because they're really not healthy and they're awful for your teeth. I avoid drinking coffee because for me caffeine doesn't help with my anxiety and coffee in general can really stain your teeth. Another essential is my headphones. There is nothing worse than being stuck on a train with a bunch of noisy people and having no headphones to block them out! 

Apart from the obvious things like my phone, keys and medication that's it really. Hope you enjoyed reading this!

I'll write soon xox

PRODUCTS I MENTIONED

Maybelline Fit Me Powder Flawless - http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Fit-Me-Powder-Flawless_1279227/

Tahitian Exotic Body Mist -  https://www.avon.uk.com/product/1787/ 

https://www.avon.uk.com/product/1738/little-black-dress-eau-de-parfum-spray?cb=-975520458

Viva La Juicy Rose Rollerballhttp://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/juicy-couture-viva-la-juicy-rose-rollerball_207-71012338-VJRM40004/

Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm - http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/face/view-all/born-lippypot-lip-balm-passionberry.aspx

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Baby-Lips-Lip-Balm_1365477/

http://www.primark.com/en/product/jelly-bean-wild-blackberry-lip-balm,r35397119088698 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts